In 1987, Biobest pioneered the production of bumblebees and still today our activities in the field of natural pollination are an important foundation. But meanwhile there is more. Over the years, Biobest has grown into one of the leading companies in the biological control of pests and diseases. As far as we are concerned, that is just a start.
The future growth of our company will come from the development, marketing and sales of biopesticides. The recently established BioWorks Division will focus on biopesticides in horticulture globally. We are now re-enforcing this division with an experienced Business Development & Alliances Manager who will play a pivotal role in globalizing our recently acquired pipeline, developing and managing strategic alliances and guiding the business side of strategic projects for the BioWorks Division.
- Conduct thorough market research to identify key trends, opportunities and customer pain points in the international horticulture sector.
- Analyse competitor activities and market dynamics and use this competitive intelligence as inputs for the BioWorks Strategy.
Business Development Strategy & Execution
- Support the development of the BioWorks Vision and Strategy and lead business development initiatives to execute this Vision and Strategy.
- Business development initiatives include:
o The globalisation of the newly acquired portfolio and pipeline
o Identification of and participation in potential, strategic M&A
o Participation in key strategic projects of the BioWorks Division.
- Participation in key strategic projects involves participation in cross-functional teams in which you fulfill the business development role in alignment with other functions such as product development, regulatory and go-to-market plans.
- Idenfity, cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key players and innovators in the bioprotection industry.
- Lead negotiations and close deals with potential strategic partners to establish long-term and succesfull partnerships.
What do we expect from you and why do you fit in the team?
- Master in bio-engineering or related studies combined with +10 years of relevant experience in the crop protection industry. An Executive MBA or Master in business is a plus.
- Affinity and experience with biosolutions (biopesticides, biostimulants, biofertilizers) is a plus.
- Affinity with and experience in the horticulture sector is a plus
- Strong analytical, holistic and strategic thinking ability.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent collaborator and communicator, persistence and flexible mindset, agile attitude, able to take decisions and work independently.
- Experience with international/multicultural environments
- Excellent level of English. Other languages including French, Spanish are a plusWillingness to travel internationally: minimum 25% of your time.
What do we offer you?
- The BioWorks Division offers you a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to a more sustainable horticulture and to grow professionally in a newly set up Division.
- An attractive salary package complemented with fringe benefits.