Flying Doctors Hive – unique system delivering precision biocontrol and enhanced pollination
Targeted product delivery to flowers – saving time and money
- Combines reliable pollination & crop protection - bumblebees deliver specially formulated microbial pesticides while pollinating
- Higher fruit quality and yield – alternatively, use with pre-collected pollen to boost pollination in fruit - such as pears, kiwi and cherries
- Major product savings – targeted delivery improves product efficiency
- Considerable labour savings - bumblebees do the job for you
- Helps stay within maximum residue levels - by facilitating use of biopesticides, which also reduce risk of resistance build-up.
Entomovectoring – picking up and delivering
- Specially adapted hive – unique patented system with integrated dispenser tray
- Exiting hive, bumblebee passes through dispenser – tray contains specially formulated biopesticide or pre-collected pollen, which sticks to it
- Delivers direct to flower - biopesticide, or pre-collected pollen delivered as bumblebee goes about pollination work.