ABS System - steady stream of predatory mites keeps thrips under control
Amblyseius cucumeris multiply inside the sachets before dispersing in the crop
- Highly voracious – predatory mites feed on thrips larvae
- Continuous control – ABS breeding sachets release steady stream of thrips predators
- Highly mobile – predatory mites seek out prey
- Can be used preventatively in pollen-bearing crops – A. cucumeris can survive without prey, feeding on pollen (Nutrimite™)
- Generalist predator – can also feed on spider mite and other small mites
Why are breeding sachets so effective?
- Sachets contain food – bran carrier and factitious prey - for the predatory mites
- A. cucumeris mites multiply inside the sachets
- Continual release of predatory mites over several weeks.