At Biobest, we strive to be the most reliable provider of Integrated Pest Monitoring solutions for our customers. We do this by taking a critical look at our operations and processes with a commitment to continuous improvement. To this end, we are looking for a people manager who, together with the team of maintenance technicians, will guarantee reliable machine equipment, a motivating office environment and a performant production environment.
As Maintenance Manager you are responsible for the efficient operation within the maintenance department. You will manage four maintenance technicians and report to the Facility & Service Manager. With a strong customer-oriented focus, team spirit and a commitment to sustainable solutions, you achieve established organizational goals and overcome challenges. In doing so, you will work closely with the Engineering & Automation Manager and Project Manager.
Leadership and team management
- Facilitate a positive work environment, with an emphasis on respect, diversity and professional growth.
- Host team meetings to share updates, gather feedback and foster open communication.
Implement effective follow-up meetings, employee development and training programs.
Equipment & Facility Maintenance
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations on site and during all operations.
- Develop preventive maintenance strategy so that machinery and basic facilities such as water, heating and air conditioning systems are properly maintained and function optimally.
- Advise on improving energy efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Act quickly in emergency situations and coordinate internal and external stakeholders to resolve problems. If necessary, participate in on-call duties.
- Vendor Management.
- Oversee and advise on contracts and providers of technical services.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships.
Budget management, data analysis and reporting
- Develop and manage the annual maintenance budget.
- Monitor expenditures and identify cost saving opportunities.
- Collect and analyze data to identify improvement opportunities regarding maintenance procedures.
- Experience as a technical manager within an industrial production environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with (implementing) operational excellence and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of electromechanics and automation within a production environment.
- Knowledge of air climatisation is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with an ERP system, preferably SAP.
What do we offer you?
- Biobest offers you a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to a more sustainable horticulture and to grow professionally in line with the evolution of the Biobest group.
- An interesting challenge for a people manager with broad technical insight and a sense for optimization in maintenance strategies.
- Our organization is easily accessible and is located in a traffic jam-free zone. So you can leave for work without stress and have more quality time for your family and/or friends.
- You will receive a competitive salary, with fringe benefits such as hospital and group insurance, meal vouchers, eco vouchers, social subscription and commercial discounts at nearby companies.