As a pioneer in the production of bumblebees since 1987, Biobest has become one of the world’s leading companies in natural pollination and biological control of pests and diseases.
Known for its wide range of beneficial insects, mites, nematodes and bumblebees, the company offers a complete range of natural solutions including bio-pesticides, monitoring and scouting tools, pheromones, etc.
With 24 group companies in 6 continents, distributors in more than 60 countries and over 1700 employees worldwide, we stand prepared to provide growers with tailor-made advice.
Based at the Group Headquarters in Belgium we are looking for a Sustainability Manager.
Goal of the function
The goal of the function is to drive and coordinate the reduction of the total carbon footprint of Biobest Group with 55% by 2030 by developing and implementing:
- a renewable energy transition plan on all Biobest sites (climate management systems, renewable energy sources)
- Methods to reduce transport volumes or the impact of product transport
- Methods to reduce the amount of business travelling (air travel) or its impact
- Implementing a CO2 friendly car policy across the entire Biobest Group
- Methods to reduce waste streams at Biobest (production) facilities (zero waste)
- Methods to reduce waste streams at end-customers caused by Biobest products
- Participation in carbon offsetting plans
- Develop a roadmap to a more sustainable worldwide organization in close cooperation with a project sponsor and our local general managers
- Coordinate the worldwide roll-out of the Biobest Sustainability Roadmap
- Project manager for a variety of sustainability initiatives
- Provide practical recommendations and develop tools and services for continuous improvements to enhance the sustainability programs
- Analysis for internal and external reporting, stakeholder information
- Organize trainings to inform and educate people in taking part in a continuous process of sustainability improvement
- Above all, create a global awareness among all stakeholders that future decisions should be sustainable driven
Profile & Competences
- Masters Degree in (bio)engineering
- In depth knowledge in the domain of sustainability by study or interest and the implementation thereof in an international manufacturing environment. At least 5 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of how to be compliant with international carbon and sustainability reporting standards
- Strategic thinker, able to effectively manage and prioritize projects
- Result oriented ability to be innovative on both short and long term ideas
- Lead by example as a change agent who motivates others with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to develop authority. Strong change management skills
- Ability to work and to prioritize whilst managing multiple tasks. Strong Project Management and Program Management skills
- As a Sustainability Manager you communicate in Dutch and perfect English, both verbally and in writing. Other languages are an asset (French, Spanish,…)
- Be prepared to travel on a regular basis
- A challenging job with a high degree of autonomy and space for initiative in a rapidly growing international company
- A key position that offers a high degree of professional and personal development
- The position is rewarded with an attractive remuneration package and excellent fringe benefits.
You can respond by sending your resume and an application letter in English to: email@example.com