As a pioneer in the production of bumblebees since 1987, Biobest has become one of the world’s leading companies in natural pollination and biological control of pests and diseases. Biobest is also active in the market of scouting and monitor systems, pheromones and bio-pesticides.
Biobest Group NV is a group of 22 companies, spread in various countries in the world.
One of these companies is the Chinese Branch named Biobest Shouguang Biological Control (BSBC)
Biobest Shouguang Biological Control was founded in 2013 with the aim to produce and market bumblebees for the biological pollination of different Crops in China.
With the aim of expanding our sales activities in ASIA we are looking for an Area Manager Asia, based in China
- You are responsible for the sales activities and the development of our distribution network in Asia
- You maintain and strengthen the relationship with existing distributors and key accounts and support their sales efforts
- You take an active role in collecting market intelligence, identifying market trends and finding new commercial opportunities with the aim of developing and executing a long term business plan
- You actively look for new sales opportunities and distributors in uncharted Asian territory
- You maintain regular contact with growers to understand market needs and gather market information.
- You prepare the yearly sales budget and ensure that the proposed sales objectives are achieved
- You support the team in China for domestic sales where necessary
- You interact on frequent base with international colleagues
- You report to the Sales Manager Asia
- You will travel intensively (30%-50% of your time)
- You are in possession of a Bachelor’s or master’s degree with specialization in horticulture or equal by relevant experience (minimum requirement 3 years of experience)
- You have a strong interest in biological crop protection and pollination
- You can demonstrate a good understanding of growers needs in horticulture
- You are proactive, result-oriented, self-motivated and well organized
- Your reporting, communication and commercial skills are strong
- You are very fluent in Chinese and English. Other Asian languages are considered as an advantage
- You are able to think strategically
- A challenging job with a high degree of autonomy and space for initiative in a dynamic, innovative, growing and international company
- An attractive compensation and benefits package is available to the successful applicant
Are you interested?
You can respond by sending an application letter to email@example.com