At Biobest, we strive to be the most reliable provider of Integrated Pest Monitoring solutions for our customers. We do this by taking a critical look at our operations and processes with a commitment to continuous improvement. To this end, we are looking for a people manager to collaborate with the team of the Beneficials Rearing Department to ensure quality output.
As Supervisor Beneficials Rearing you manage several Team Leaders, each responsible for a specific breeding of mites. You have an important liaison position in which you guarantee a streamlined communication between the breeding departments, the Operations Manager and the other departments involved within Biobest. You are fully responsible for achieving the organizational objectives and ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness for current and future breeding activities. You will report to the Operations Manager.
Leadership and team management
- Directly lead and supervise daily culturing operations.
- Facilitate a positive work environment with an emphasis on respect, diversity and professional growth and connection between employees.
- Host team meetings to share updates, gather feedback and promote open communication.
- Implement effective follow-up meetings, employee development and training programs.
Communication, planning and budgeting
- Act as a coordinator between your team and the Operations Manager, as well as other departmental leaders as needed.
- Translate sales planning into production planning considering inventory, labor planning and capacity planning and focusing on ensuring delivery reliability against the sales forecast.
- Manage departmental budgets, including operational expenses and labor costs.
- Ensure that all operations comply with relevant regulations regarding safety and environmental regulations.
- Proactively respond to all current and future needs within mite and insect rearing in terms of production planning and staffing.
- Oversee and optimize procedures to ensure they meet organizational quality standards.
- Implement Lean methodologies and other continuous improvement techniques to improve operational efficiency.
- At least a first leadership experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with an ERP system, preferably SAP.
- Any experience within a similar industry is a plus.
- You enjoy building a team, inspiring team members, providing direction and create enthusiasm to achieve the necessary results together.
What do we offer you?
- Biobest offers you a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to a more sustainable horticulture and to grow professionally in line with the evolution of the Biobest group.
- You can apply and further develop your leadership skills. In addition, you can look forward to exciting developments in this interesting production branch.
- Our organization is easily accessible and is in a traffic-free zone. This way you can go to work without stress and have more quality time for your family and/or friends.
- You will receive a competitive salary package, with fringe benefits such as hospital and group insurance, meal vouchers, eco vouchers, social subscription and commercial discounts at local companies.