At Biobest, we strive to be the most reliable provider of Integrated Pest Monitoring solutions for our customers. We do this by critically reviewing our operations and processes with a commitment to continuous improvement. To this end, we are looking for a people manager who, in cooperation with the team of technical experts, will guarantee a well-performing plant, a pleasant working environment and a smooth-running machine equipment.
As Facility & Service Manager you are responsible for the efficient operation within the engineering, maintenance and building infrastructure departments. You will manage the Automation & Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager and Project Manager and report to the Plant Manager. With a strong customer focus, team spirit and a commitment to sustainable solutions, you achieve established organizational goals and overcome challenges.
Leadership and team management
- Maintain clarity on roles, expectations and KPIs.
- Facilitate a positive work environment with an emphasis on respect, diversity and professional growth.
- Host team meetings to share updates, gather feedback and foster open communication.
- Implement effective follow-up meetings, employee development and training programs.
- Facilitate multi-disciplinary workshops with direct reports and teams to find solutions to operational problems.
Facility Management and Service Management
- Ensure that all health and safety regulations are followed on site and during all operations.
- Coordinate internal and external stakeholders to monitor the delivery of facility services.
- Manage and negotiate vendor contracts.
- Oversee daily operations and maintenance of the facility.
- Optimize facility layout, workflow, and resource utilization.
- Oversee and advise on contracts and providers of services such as security, parking, technology, etc.
Engineering and Automation
- Work with the Automation & Engineering Manager and the Supervisor Packaging to streamline processes and identify and implement automation opportunities.
- Ensure engineering projects meet quality, safety, and functionality requirements.
- Develop and manage the annual facilities budget.
- Monitor expenditures and opportunities to work more efficiently.
Quality and risk management
- Implement quality assurance protocols and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identify operational risks and develop risk mitigation strategies through problem solving methodologies.
- Experience as a technical manager within an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience with implementing operational excellence and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of electromechanical engineering and automation within a production environment. Knowledge of air climatisation is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with an ERP system, preferably SAP.
What do we offer you?
- Biobest offers you a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to a more sustainable horticulture and to grow professionally in line with the evolution of the Biobest group.
- A very exciting challenge for a technical manager with a need for variation in techniques and a drive for sustainable problem solving.
- Our organization is easily accessible and is in a traffic jam-free zone. This way you can leave for work without stress and have more quality time for your family and/or friends.
- You will receive a competitive salary package with fringe benefits such as hospital and group insurance, company car, load card, meal vouchers, eco vouchers, and commercial discounts at local companies.