At Biobest, we strive to be the most reliable provider of Integrated Pest Monitoring solutions for our customers. We do this by taking a critical look at our operations and processes with a view to continuous improvement. To this end, we are looking for a people manager who collaborates with the employees of the Packaging Department to ensure a flawless and timely final packaging of our products.
As Packaging Supervisor, you manage the packaging team, consisting of 4 Team Leaders (Bumblebee Selection and Packing and Packing Beneficials (2)) and their employees. You hold an important liaison position where you guarantee a flowing communication between the packaging team, the Operations Manager and the other departments involved within Biobest. You are fully responsible for achieving the strategic objectives of the organization and ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness within the department. Your responsibilities also include implementing the appropriate automation opportunities. You report to the Operations Manager.
Leadership and team management
- Lead and supervise the daily operations of the packaging team.
- Facilitate a positive work environment with an emphasis on respect, diversity and professional growth and connection among employees.
- Host team meetings to share updates, gather feedback and promote open communication.
- Implement effective follow-up meetings, employee development and training programs.
Communication, planning and budgeting
- Act as a coordinator between the packaging team and the Operations Manager, as well as other departmental leaders.
- Ensure preparation of staffing and production schedules to meet organizational goals.
- Manage departmental budgets, including operational expenses and labor costs.
- Ensure that all operations comply with relevant regulations related to safety and environmental regulations.
- Identify and implement automation opportunities within departments to achieve efficiency gains.
- Oversee and optimize packaging procedures to ensure they meet organizational quality standards.
- Implement Lean methodologies and other continuous improvement techniques to improve operational efficiencies.
- At least a first leadership experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with (production) automation.
- Knowledge of an ERP system, preferably SAP.
- Any experience within the packaging industry or equivalent is a plus.
- You enjoy building a team, inspiring team members, providing direction and create enthusiasm to achieve the necessary results together.
What do we offer you?
- Biobest offers you a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to a more sustainable horticulture and to grow professionally in line with the evolution of the Biobest group.
- You can apply and further develop your leadership skills. At the same time, with your expertise in automation, you can lift the department to an even higher level, along with your team.
- Our organization is easily accessible and is in a traffic jam-free zone. This way you can leave for work without stress and have more quality time for your family and/or friends.
- You will receive a competitive salary, with fringe benefits such as hospital and group insurance, meal vouchers, eco vouchers, social subscription, and commercial discounts at local companies.