At Biobest, we strive to be the most reliable provider of Integrated Pest Monitoring solutions for our customers. We do this by taking a critical look at our operations and processes with a commitment to continuous improvement. to this end, we are today looking for a people manager who collaborates with the production team to establish a streamlined organization.
As Operations Manager, you will lead and optimize production activities within the Bumblebee Rearing; Mite and Insect Rearing; and Packaging departments. You focus on inspiring, managing, coaching, and developing the employees within your departments. You give direct leadership to three Supervisors and a Process Improvement Specialist and indirectly manage about a hundred production employees. You ensure that processes run smoothly and efficiently and are in line with the organizational objectives.
Leadership and team management
- Maintain clarity on roles, expectations and KPIs.
- Facilitate a positive work environment, with an emphasis on respect, diversity and professional growth.
- Host team meetings to share updates, gather feedback and promote open communication.
- Implement effective follow-up meetings, employee development and training programs.
- Inspire employees to collaboratively strive for a fun work atmosphere, high-quality results, and open communication.
- Build and maintain strong internal network. Ensure alignment and smooth coordination of activities.
- Maintain strong relationships with suppliers and other external partners.
- Collaborate with the Plant Manager and other stakeholders in setting the strategic direction for activities within your departments.
- Ensure proper estimation, allocation, and efficient use of resources.
- Participate in annual budgeting and planning processes.
- Be involved in various multidisciplinary projects on site.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Implement, maintain, and review operational procedures and best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize processes and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Implement operational excellence culture in the production environment.
- Monitor operational KPIs to assess performance and identify optimization opportunities.
- Conduct regular feedback discussions and provide appropriate coaching and guidance to team members.
- Recognize and reward outstanding team and individual performance.
- Act as point of contact for all major operational challenges.
- Effectively engage teams to address problems and ensure minimal production interruptions.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and workshops together with the teams to incite innovative solutions to operational challenges.
- Experience as an "umbrella" manager within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with operational excellence and continuous improvement methodologies. Experience with rolling out Operational Excellence initiatives is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with an ERP system, preferably SAP.
What do we offer you?
- Biobest offers you a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to a more sustainable horticulture and to grow professionally in line with the evolution of the Biobest group.
- You can apply your people management skills to manage and develop a diverse team within a challenging production environment.
- Our organization is easily accessible and is in a traffic-free zone.
- You will receive a competitive salary package with fringe benefits such as hospitalization and group insurance, company car, load card, meal vouchers, eco vouchers, and commercial discounts at local companies.