As a pioneer in the production of bumblebees since 1987, Biobest has become one of the world’s leading companies in natural pollination and biological control of pests and diseases.
Known for its wide range of beneficial insects, mites, nematodes and bumblebees, the company offers a complete range of natural solutions including bio-pesticides, monitoring and scouting tools, pheromones, etc.
With 23 group companies in 6 continents, distributors in more than 60 countries and over 1700 employees worldwide, we stand prepared to provide growers with tailor-made advice.
Based at the Group Headquarters in Belgium we are looking for a Manager Legal Affairs.
- Providing a high quality legal service to the Group.
- Lead and support a wide variety of contract negotiations from a legal perspective but with a business mindset, covering a broad range of countries, contract types and technology areas.
- Negotiation of Merger and Acquisition contracts on a global basis.
- Apply sound judgment to resolve “technical issues” independently and to consult with C-board on “strategic matters”.
- Ability to analyze, review and draft contracts, liaise with law-firms globally when necessary.
- Follow up on subsidiaries worldwide (>20) in terms of corporate housekeeping & legal matters.
- Follow up on trade name portfolio.
Profile & Competences
- Preferably degree in law combined with minimal 10 years extensive experience with legal matters in an international business environment.
- Proven experience with contract negotiation including contract drafting.
- General understanding of different areas of commercial law and willingness to take on new challenges and learn.
- Familiar with accounting and financial management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to develop authority within the management team and towards external negotiation partners.
- Able to build trust and work transparently.
- Curiosity and ability to develop a good understanding of technology.
- Keep cool under situations of time-pressure and stress.
- Able to work independently whilst being part of the global team.
- Accurate, flexible, result-oriented and determined to make a difference.
- A strategic thinker with hands on mentality and with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Triggered by diversity and different cultures.
- Able to manage confidential information and act with Integrity and discretion.
- As a Legal Manager you communicate in outstanding business and legal English, both verbally and in writing. Other languages are an asset (Dutch, French, ES,…)
- Be prepared to travel on a regular basis.
- A challenging job with a high degree of autonomy and space for initiative in a rapidly growing international company
- A key position that offers a high degree of professional and personal development
- The position is rewarded with an attractive remuneration package and excellent fringe benefits.
You can respond by sending a motivation letter and resume in English to email@example.com