As a pioneer in the production of bumblebees since 1987, Biobest has become one of the world’s leading companies in natural pollination and biological control of pests and diseases.
Known since many years for its wide range of beneficial insects, mites and nematodes and bumblebees, the company now offers a complete range of natural solutions including bio-pesticides, monitoring and scouting tools, pheromones, etc.
With 22 group companies in 6 continents, distributors in more than 60 countries and over 1250 employees worldwide, we stand prepared to provide growers with tailor-made advice.
We focus on protected vegetables, soft fruits, ornamentals, plant propagation, greenhouse herbs and citrus. With the power of our natural solutions, a successful crop goes hand in hand with a healthy product and a clean environment.
We are looking for: Area Manager Middle East & Central Asia
- Based at the Biobest Antalya subsidiary of Biobest Group in Antalya.
- Responsible for the sales activities and the development of our distribution network in Middle East and Central Asia countries.
- You maintain and strengthen the relationship with existing distributors, direct clients & key accounts and support their sales efforts.
- Take an active role in collecting market intelligence, identifying market trends and finding new commercial opportunities with the aim of developing and executing long term business plan.
- You actively look for new sales opportunities and distributors in uncharted territory.
- You are responsible for sales forecasting.
- Manages & controls margins and pricing.
- Ensuring that the proposed sales objectives are achieved.
- Maintains regular contact with growers to understand market needs and gather market information.
- Prepare yearly sales budget and ensure that the proposed sales objectives are achieved.
- You support the team in Turkey for domestic sales where necessary
- You interact on frequent base with international colleagues
- You report to the Sales Manager Middle-East and Asia
- Willing to travel intensively (30%-50% of your time)
- You are in possession of a Bachelor’s or master’s degree with specialization in horticulture or equal by relevant experience (minimum requirement 5 years of experience).
- Have a strong interest in biological crop protection and pollination.
- You are proactive, result-oriented, self-motivated and well organized.
- Your reporting, communication and commercial skills are strong.
- You are very fluent in English and Turkish. Other languages are a major asset.
- Be able to think strategically.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of grower needs in horticulture.
- Be a good listener with strong analytical skills.
- Be able to communicate well in writing and orally.
- Ability to inspire and motivate distributors.
- A unique opportunity to make a substantial contribution to a more sustainable agriculture and to grow professionally in line with the growth of the Biobest group.
- A challenging job with a high degree of autonomy and space for initiative in a dynamic, innovative, growing and international company.
- An attractive compensation and benefits package is available to the successful applicant.
Are you interested?
You can respond by sending an application letter to email@example.com